Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Nothing like it.

There isn't anything like sitting on your laptop, and hearing that crunching sound it makes. This happened to me today when I was in a dazed mood, trying to figure out exactly which science class I had next, and if anything was due.

I finally figured out that I had a pre-lab due, and noticed that I still had an hour left to do a 15 min assignment. But this wasn't just one of those 15 minute assignments where I had to spend 15 minutes doing it. It was one of those 15 minute assignments, where I had to spend half an hour figuring out what the heck the assignment was. All I had to do was draw the common commercial plasmid (?), and there was a hint: read the lab manual. It was in there somewhere, on a tiny paragraph, in a subsection that could only be read with a microscope, but I found it. After drawing it on a piece of paper, using the old knee-desk set-up, I thought that it looked like an odd doughnut, or maybe a conceptual new-age artists representation of "good enough".

After all of this work (the drawings, and the other drawings), I walked into lab and put some liquid from one tube into another tube. DONE! I really am getting some bang for my buck here as CSUS. Next lab, using a high-tech merry-go-round. YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment