Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Everyone has a twin, stop it.

After the simple lab yesterday, Organic chemistry was a wake up call today. Completely crazy. We started a lab today, and will finish it up next lab period as we start a new lab. I got into the lab, and then noticed that my lab partner is another short Asian girl. I know that Asian and short are usually synonyms, but I actually thought that they were the same person until Tina introduced herself as Tina, and not Kim. (Kim is my genetics lab partner).

They are both that stereotype, smart and focused with writing that looks more like typing. Graphs and charts and drawings that actually look like they are supposed to (unlike my drawings err... scribbles). I don't know yet, but I think that Tina (or is it Kim?) probably has that one sport that sets her apart in some way. (still fitting the stereotype, something like soccer, a snow sport, or gymnastics).

Sac State is very multi-cultural, Asians in science/history, African-Americans in sociology/psychology, Hispanic people in Kinesthesiology/public speaking, with Whites left over doing Crap/Undecided. Which means that I must be Asian, right? It's starting to seem like stereotypes aren't based in fact at all.

This similarity crisis happened to me before with fraternal twins. Stephanie and Amy, who were in actuality not that similar in appearance. I could never tell them apart. People thought I was joking until one day I was dancing with Stephanie (the Tango? I'm pretty sure). So anyway, she was always close to me when we were dancing. Finally, I finished the dance with her sitting on my knee and Stephanie comes over with an angry look on her face. Suddenly I had Amy on my knee, and Stephanie questioning me why I switched. I couldn't answer that, I didn't even know how Stephanie turned into Amy? I finished dancing with someone else.

So to all those people out there that look too much like someone else, stop it!!! You are doing that just to make me look stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment